Those of our racing sim using readers who have been following the Rolex 24hr race at Daytona this weekend may well not be aware, but one of their own was amongst the team that has just brought their Ford Riley Daytona Prototype car across the line to take the chequered flag.
One of the winning Michael Shank Racing team drivers was British Sports and Indy Car driver Justin Wilson (pictured left of image), who has featured regularly in PC racing sim iRacing‘s promotional material. Along with teammates Oswaldo Negri, John Pew and AJ Allmendinger, who drove the final stint of the endurance event, Wilson’s car finished less than seven seconds ahead of the pole-starting Ford Riley of Starworks Motorsports, with the second Michael Shank Racing Ford Riley finishing third to complete the manufacturers’ clean sweep of the podium.
Okay, so Wilson may have been a racing driver before he became a sim racer rather than the other way around, but we can all dream while sitting in front of our monitors, right?
- Tromso Video Teaser - Sunday, September 14, 2014
- TS2015 goes live on Thursday, patch Monday. - Saturday, September 13, 2014
- AES v2.36 – 14 new or updated airports - Friday, September 12, 2014
- More freeware for FTX Global - Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Wilco’s Tecnam now out - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Want to go Lower and Faster? - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Aircraft Factory Avro update preview - Monday, September 8, 2014
- MegaScenery Earth St.Louis 50cm/px photoreal - Monday, September 8, 2014
- Drzewiecki Sheremetyevo released - Sunday, September 7, 2014
- Magnifique Martinique Preview - Friday, August 29, 2014