Those of our racing sim using readers who have been following the Rolex 24hr race at Daytona this weekend may well not be aware, but one of their own was amongst the team that has just brought their Ford Riley Daytona Prototype car across the line to take the chequered flag.
One of the winning Michael Shank Racing team drivers was British Sports and Indy Car driver Justin Wilson (pictured left of image), who has featured regularly in PC racing sim iRacing‘s promotional material. Along with teammates Oswaldo Negri, John Pew and AJ Allmendinger, who drove the final stint of the endurance event, Wilson’s car finished less than seven seconds ahead of the pole-starting Ford Riley of Starworks Motorsports, with the second Michael Shank Racing Ford Riley finishing third to complete the manufacturers’ clean sweep of the podium.
Okay, so Wilson may have been a racing driver before he became a sim racer rather than the other way around, but we can all dream while sitting in front of our monitors, right?
- Review: Classics Hangar Bf108B - Friday, April 25, 2014
- PFPX Updated - Monday, March 17, 2014
- More TS2014 products at simMarket - Monday, March 17, 2014
- Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin Available - Monday, March 17, 2014
- FS2Crew DASH8 release date - Monday, March 17, 2014
- ActiveSky Next Hotfix 3 / B5184 - Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Megascenery Earth Boston “Ultra-Res” scenery - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Orbx adds KRDD to product line - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Fabio Merlo A32x MCDU driver for FSX P3D - Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Pottier P130UL “Bleu Citron” for X-Plane - Wednesday, January 15, 2014