One thing that simFlight’s staff would never think to call Washington DC is “Tropical”, but, nevertheless, developers Tropicalsim have created a rendition of its Ronald Reagan National Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, Flight Simulator X and Lockheed-Martin Prepar3D.
DCA is an interesting airport. Situated only 3 miles from Downtown Washington, it is the closest airport by far to the United States’ capital city, but its approaches are complicated by this – and the proximity of some very important buildings – resulting in the airport limiting its flights and capacity to get larger aircraft to use more distant and larger facilities.
Click here to see all the screenshots and more details of the scenery.
- X-Plane updated – version 10.30 - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Spintires: The “Getting Stuck” Simulator - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Tromso Video Teaser - Sunday, September 14, 2014
- TS2015 goes live on Thursday, patch Monday. - Saturday, September 13, 2014
- AES v2.36 – 14 new or updated airports - Friday, September 12, 2014
- More freeware for FTX Global - Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Wilco’s Tecnam now out - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Want to go Lower and Faster? - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Aircraft Factory Avro update preview - Monday, September 8, 2014
- MegaScenery Earth St.Louis 50cm/px photoreal - Monday, September 8, 2014