The package includes “F/RF-104 G MAP and Consortium models in Belgian, Danish, Dutch, German, Hellenic, Italian, Spanish, Turkish versions, all differences in internal configurations and external loadout have been mantained for historical correctness.”
To read the full press release, please click on “Read More”, below.
“We are glad to announce that our F/RF 104 G version 1.0.0 is ready for download.
The package contains F/RF-104 G MAP and Consortium models in Belgian, Danish, Dutch, German, Hellenic, Italian, Spanish, Turkish versions, all differences in internal configurations and external loadout have been mantained for historical correctness.
All weapon loadout/drop/launch are working both in single and multiplayer.
A custom menu for each version (Fighter/Bomber,Interceptor,F/B “Recce” and RF) gives the possibility to load a complete variery of weapons.
High detailed model, fully animated;
High detailed 3D cockpit, fully animated and working;
Frame rate friendly in single and multi palyer, it cames in two versions:
- “SOLO” for single player use
- “UBUNTU” optimized for multiplayer (will be relased in a few days);
- Complete 3D-lights systems both internal and external, no flaws on low visibility;
- Complete multi national liveries set in different tone and aging
- Bump, speculars applied
- Soon a complete paintkit will be available for painters
- Almost all real system have been modelled and are working as the real thing is;
- Flight dynamics modeled 99% close to real airplane, fully tested and validated by qualified real F-104 pilots;
- Fully functional NASARR R-15, A/G and A/A mode with:
* MTI (Mouving target indication);
* STT (Single track target);
- Aerodynamic pitch up, inertia coupling and BLC system reproduced;
- Payload drop actually changes airplane weight, balance and drag as well;
- Inertial navigator Litton LN-3 fully implemented;
- Dual timer bombing system;
- Special weapon delivery system;
- Conventional weapon system, rocket launch, AA missiles launch system.
Very important note: together with the F/RF 104 G package you will have to install our last weapon pack version 3.5, available with the SSW FRF-104G,to use all the weapon features.
SSW F/RF-104G uses the Dynamic Drag Index concept, in other words when you load/drop external loads not only the GW is changed but also the drag coefficient is affected and the model aerodynamics change accordlying.
This is particularly important in the F-104 where external loads affect greatly the dynamic behaviour of the model.
Every specific model have it’s own internal layout,with their custom gauges (for example,Dutch and Germany zippers have their own altimeter,ecc)
Also notice that the internal layout will change into sub-versions depending from the ordnance you will carry.
A custom soundset has been made from scratch, using live recording to give you a full immersion into the zipper environment.
If you are a zipper fan,you will enjoy to stay outside and “play” with the throttle,listening it’s unique voice.
HOW TO GET THE MODEL
- NO DONATION IS REQUIRED TO TRY THE MODEL, USERS CAN FREELY ASK TO DOWNLOAD THE MODEL TROUGH OUR SITE AT OUR SOFTWARE WORKSHOP:
The model you download and install is fully functional but limited to 10 min. before going to an irreversible pause.
To receive the activation key that remove the time limit you have to donate:
- 25 EUR as minimum, users that have previously donate for the F-104S will have a 10 EUR bonus so the minimum donation required for them is 15 EUR
- SIM SKUNK WORKS FRF-104G came in two basic versions:
“SOLO” suitable for solo flights with bump and speculars map with all FSX specific texturing features
“UBUNTU” optimized for MP without some texturing effects to enhance the FPS friendship.
Even if SOLO model is FPS friend it should not be used in a MP environmnent for 2 reasons:
1. It can be resource demanding and affect your FPS when more than 4-6 players are present.
2. Weapon loadout can be inconsistent between different player.
UBUNTU model overrides both of above limitations.
- This initial release does not contains UBUNTU models, they will came with the next version as an extension pack for those users that are interested. UBUNTU extension pack is planned in 1/2 weeks.
Model came with complete docs including:
- 3 pilot checklists (normal, emergecy,weapon procedures)
- Zipper hints, a doc that help the user to use it effectively;
- Original 700 page Flight Manual in .pdf format;
- User support forum account;
- All upgrading of the major version 1.X be free of charge.”