The official release of 777-200 by Captain Sim, version 1.0 is online.
They now charge 59,99 EUR as it’s leaving the “public / development / Beta ” stage to a “final” product. It includes the 777-200, -200ER and -200LR models with custom sounds, liveries, 2 PDF manuals, and systems… Do you want to read our first observations ? Click read more…
I’ve launched the Captain Sim presaved flight, ready for takeoff at Seattle KSEA. It’s mandatory to load it first anyway so you can have all systems running. And you’ll have to modify the panel knobs and push buttons to set a cold and dark situation by yourself.
So I’m at Seattle, on the active runway. All the FMC data is set, FMC set and checked. I only have to light up the exterior beacon, strobe… and set the current baro setting (that now works in v1.0, with In/hPa selection working).
- after rolling the engines up to 50%, i’ve set the autothrottle on and pushed the throttle
- passing the acceleration altitude, i’ve set the autopilot on and selected LVL CH mode on the MCP, with speed set at 249 kts, but it overshot up to 270 kts (VNAV restriction in the FMC was set to 250 kts /10 000 ft).
- I set the climb speed at +3000, and selected A/T to force the speed slow down below 250 kts
- once stabilized in speed and climb speed, I set LNAV / VNAV with 15’000 ft on the MCP… but he accelerated up to 275 kts only instead of the 300kts preset on CLB page of the FMC (and it cannot be edited here).
- passing 12’000 pieds, it starts to dive the nose down, and descend… without reason as I didn’t touch anything else
- two additional negative points :
- still no manual n° 3 (procedures) and n°4 (FMS)
- we can edit some FIX points via the FMC using some VOR radial / distance but nothing is displayed then on the ND, useless
- and two positive points :
- baro reference can be set, with In/hPa selection working
- i feel I have more frames per second, must be checked
I’m still not convinced this is a final product, but Captain Sim is used to deliver various patches after version 1.0. Time will tell.