It’ll never be what most of us call a “simulation”, but if you’re after a bit of free fun in the virtual skies, Wargaming.net‘s World of Warplanes has now entered open beta.
Set in the period between 1930 and 1960, the aircraft technology trees cover German, Soviet, American and Japanese warplanes, in 15 v 15 teams, with a game lasting until a time limit runs out, one team achieves “superiority” or a team is completely wiped out. Being open beta, it’s still full of bugs, so don’t expect a 100% polished experience, but for a quick blast around the skies, you might find it good fun.
The link above will take you to the European site, but if there’s a cluster closer to your detected location, you should get a banner redirecting you to your local site.
- Review: Classics Hangar Bf108B - Friday, April 25, 2014
- PFPX Updated - Monday, March 17, 2014
- More TS2014 products at simMarket - Monday, March 17, 2014
- Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin Available - Monday, March 17, 2014
- FS2Crew DASH8 release date - Monday, March 17, 2014
- ActiveSky Next Hotfix 3 / B5184 - Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Megascenery Earth Boston “Ultra-Res” scenery - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Orbx adds KRDD to product line - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Fabio Merlo A32x MCDU driver for FSX P3D - Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Pottier P130UL “Bleu Citron” for X-Plane - Wednesday, January 15, 2014