Flight Replicas have released an updated “Special Edition” of their Me-262a “Schwalbe” (Swallow) WW2 Luftwaffe jet fighter, featuring a number of updates and upgrades surrounding the VC and flight dynamics. Much of the pre-existing exterior model has, however, been retained – resulting in a less-than usual price for the Special Edition package.
The developers describe the Special Edition’s flight model as “…possibly the most authentic aerodynamics ever done for this iconic WWII fighter, painstakingly researched and written by FSX aerodynamics master Bernt Stolle. From managing the difficult early jet engines, to combat maneuvering at high speed, to getting back on the ground safely, you will come to know both the challenges and joys that were those of the real Me-262a pilots.“
To find out more, visit the Flight Replica’s site here. A word of caution to our German readers, though, is that this version of the aircraft does include historically accurate insignia and markings.
- Preview shots of St. Petersburg - Friday, September 19, 2014
- X-Plane updated – version 10.30 - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Spintires: The “Getting Stuck” Simulator - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Tromso Video Teaser - Sunday, September 14, 2014
- TS2015 goes live on Thursday, patch Monday. - Saturday, September 13, 2014
- AES v2.36 – 14 new or updated airports - Friday, September 12, 2014
- More freeware for FTX Global - Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Wilco’s Tecnam now out - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Want to go Lower and Faster? - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Aircraft Factory Avro update preview - Monday, September 8, 2014