simwest breaks the tradition of the repeating pattern of landclass based image tiles or flat, “moonscape” scenery associated with typical photoreal scenery by adding millions of custom placed vegetation, buildings and objects to bring immersion into your flights without sacrificing performance.
With this free sample, simwestALBQ covers the city and surrounding area of Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA for both FSX and P3D versions. “It’s a way to allow simmers to take a test flight of the scenery and check out the performance on their own PC systems”, says Marcus Thompson, the developer of simwestALBQ. “We hope pilots will want to fly through our scenery and not just over it.”
In addition, there is a fun and challenging Easter Egg hunt based on the famous hit TV series ‘Breaking Bad’ which was filmed in Albuquerque. You’ll search for certain Breaking Bad scenery objects found scattered about the scenery. Details about this challenge can be found in the simwestALBQ Pilot’s Guide.
simwestALBQ features Include:
- 1.3GB of custom daytime and nighttime photoreal scenery at 1.2m resolution
- Approximately 45 square miles (117 square kilometers), in coverage
- Seasonal winter snow in the Sandia mountains
- Custom 3D night lighting and night textures
- Custom placed building, vegetation and library objects autogen throughout the entire area
- Increased road traffic for added immersion (optional)