simwestSOCAL is now available at simMarket with special Holiday pricing of 25% off for all readers of simFlight. The introductory pricing is available from December 6 through December 24. simwest continues its simwestFOTOREAL series with the release of simwestSOCAL scenery for beautiful, sunny, Southern California in the USA for our European sim pilots to explore.
The scenery covers a vast area of the region from the city of Barstow down south to the Mexican border, from west at the Pacific Ocean (islands included) to the east at the California/Arizona border. Some 180 default airports can be found in the coverage area or one can add their own favorite 3rd-party airport to further enhance the scenery.
Designed for both P3D and FSX versions, the simwest goal is simple – provide performance, immersion and enjoyment.
- Nearly 40GB in size containing thousands of square kilometers of 1.2m high definition, color-corrected aerial photo imagery.
- Imagery that blends into surrounding scenery reducing that “hard border” look when transitioning to default scenery.
- Millions of custom placed objects, buildings and vegetation autogen throughout entire area.
- Water-masked rivers, reservoir’s and lakes to fly with your favorite float plane.
- Custom created nighttime photoreal textures.
- Seasonal winter snow in the mountains.
- Custom designed 3D night lighting not just for roads but occasional parking lots, shopping centers, golf courses, farms and parks to add variety and immersion.
You can see an intro video about simwestSOCAL at the product page at simMarket.