The Airportsim developers are excited to bring you the latest news as we reach the first milestone of 2024.
The Airportsim developers are thrilled to announce the release of the latest update, version 1.2.4 – released today February 01st – , which comes on the heels of the recent content additions to the game. Your feedback has been instrumental in guiding our focus, and this update aims to enhance your gameplay experience even further.
Patch 1.2.4 primarily focuses on refining the NPC vehicles introduced in the previous update, addressing reported bugs, and introducing key elements to elevate overall gameplay. One notable addition is the ability to toggle airport traffic on or off directly through the menu, providing players with greater control over their simulation environment. Additionally, towable stairs now feature front lights, adding both functionality and realism to this essential piece of equipment. The developers have also incorporated audio effects for dragging and rotating a towbar, enriching the auditory experience and immersion within the game.
Here’s a comprehensive list of changes included in the update v1.2.4:
- Disabled collisions between unused vehicles and traffic.
- Added front lights to towable stairs.
- Introduced the option to toggle airport traffic on or off via the menu.
- Added audio effects for dragging and rotating a towbar.
- Added a plane delay icon to the tablet task list.
- Implemented a feature that prevents accidentally throwing cables or refueling hoses into containers.
- Fixed an issue where vehicle impact sounds are played when the player throws cables or refueling hoses.
- Added the condition that operational lights must be on during the follow-me process.
- Resolved an issue of passengers not climbing mobile stairs.
- Fixed an issue where planes skipped some path points during crossroad searching in the Follow Me task.
- Addressed a problem where several planes attempted to occupy a single parking space.
- Fixed road blockages for NPC vehicles in Warsaw.
- Fixed a bug where Follow Me breaks when the player restarts the game during the Follow Me process.
Their patch of mid-January, version 1.2.3., introduced a host of new features and improvements that will undoubtedly enhance your AirportSim experience.
Towable Stairs Take Center Stage
One of the headline features of this update is the introduction of towable stairs at all airports. Unlike the existing TLD-ABS stairs, these new additions require players to tow them using another vehicle to position them near the aircraft. This adds a new layer of realism to the game, as players must now carefully maneuver the stairs into the perfect position to align with the aircraft doors. Get ready for a more immersive and strategic gameplay experience as you master the art of towing stairs with precision.
Livelier Airports with NPC Vehicles
Prepare for a more dynamic and vibrant airport environment as new non-playable character (NPC) vehicles hit the apron. These vehicles will enhance the overall scenery in single-player mode, following dedicated roads around the airport, adhering to traffic rules, and even stopping when faced with obstacles or players in their path. Tugs with or without luggage carts will spawn in various configurations, providing a realistic and bustling atmosphere to your virtual airport. Please note that these NPC vehicles are primarily for visual appeal, adding an extra layer of realism to the simulation.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
In addition to the exciting new features, the 1.2.3. patch addresses several issues reported by the Airportsim developers. The development team has diligently worked to resolve the following concerns:
- Passengers can now board the aircraft when using mobile stairs without any issues.
- GPU detachment from the connector in multiplayer has been fixed, ensuring a smoother gaming experience for all players.
- The range for catering connections has been extended, and a walking path for employees to board the aircraft has been added.
- Multiple sound-related issues have been addressed, enhancing the overall auditory experience in the game.
LEZL SEVILLA AIRPORT MSFS
LEMG MALAGA AIRPORT MSFS
KANGERLUSSUAQ AIRPORT BGSF MSFS
MONTREAL–TRUDEAU AIRPORT CYUL MSFS
PHILADELPHIA AIRPORT KPHL MSFS
DUBLIN V2 MSFS