Scott Phillips of Just Flight reports that “…… Just Trains is pleased to announce that the download version of Trainz 2009 is now available.Â The Trainz series of standalone train simulators has now sold over a million copies and the latest version is set to break a few more box office records……”. Product information on the boxed version can be found here on simMarket now !
“….. Developed by Auran in Australia, Trainz 2009 comes with a huge range of enhancements and new features and virtual rail fans are set to feel the power of five generations of rail simulation!
– Drive using full in-cab realistic controls or simple ‘speed’ controller.
– Issue “Driver Commands” to operate multiple locomotives simultaneous.
– Keep to a passenger schedule, deliver freight, decouple wagons and much more.
– Add additional “Session Rules” to customize your living railroad.
– Download 1,000’s of routes, locos and more from the Trainz Download Station.
– Send goods and trains to your friends and chat online.
– Even create your own 3D models or powerful TrainzScripts for unlimited flexibility.
New features in Trainz Simulator 2009
– The largest ever collection of quality routes, locos, rolling stock and scenery.
– Twice the detail – trains, terrain and textures in higher resolution.
– Optimizations allow twice the scenery detail as well.
– New ground clutter and decals add gritty realism to your world.
– More tools in Surveyor to allow easier terrain deformation and track laying.
– Improved physics and easier re-configuration of locos and rolling stock.
– New user interface and Help system putting Trainz power into the hands of everyone.
– Improvements to Content Manager Plus to make organizing your content even easier.
– Embedded web browser allows more interaction, more information, more immersion.
– Trainz Exchange Community Portal for online chat, blogs, wikis and ‘scrapbooks’.
– Screenshot and video capture functions to help capture and share your experience.
– Enormous content update to ensure maximum compatibility between versions ………”.