If you have (ever) heard of Rostock lately then most probably not in aÂ favorableÂ way. This East German city has lately been shadowed by political extremes, decline ,Â populationÂ loss and all other kinds of misery… but it does have a rich history and was once quiteÂ powerful… you can read all about it on Wikipedia.
Ermm… and why am i telling you all this? ah yes… because AFS Design has released it’s ‘Sceneries Package V2’ Â which should be simply called ‘Rostock ETNL V2’ instead but for obscure reasons only known to the developer it is not! Â To complicate matters more it is released separately for each FS version, so you have the FS2004 version here and the FSX version here.
More details after the jump.
The Airport Rostock – Laage ( ETNL ) product features:
- New: tower, hanger & forest which only 2009 were built on the real airport – static display of Eurofighter, ec Tiger and Airbus A380 and NEW: Mig 29 “Fulcrum” & PANAVIA TORNADO
- accurate simulation of Fliegerhorst German Bundeswehr: ” Jagdgeschwader 73 Steinhof “
- 1600 authentic objects
- with shelter for the Eurofighters, forest, streets, hangars for civils and military air traffic
- new airport terminal and many more
Sceneries package -v2 contains a comprehensive package at new textures, that the Flight Simulator comprehensively improve. Those are exchanged standard autogene textures with new revised textures and adapted to the respective world area.
The term ” Texture” Mapping designates a procedure of the computer-generated graphic or 3D model. It serves for it to equip the surfaces of three-dimensional surface models with two-dimensional pictures – so-called â€žtextures “- and surface properties. Textures let computer-generated pictures appear more highly detailed and more realistic, without the underlying model must be refined.
Textures and autogenic for FS2004:
- Revised land classes: Cities, fields, forests etc. at the correct place and size
- Very good autogenic one for the whole world, not only USA and Europe
- New opjekt textures, like houses & trees
- New rivers and coastal textures
- New highways & road textures with visible vehicles
- New arranged autogenous objects special for the European and American area.
- Improvement of the standard landscape with revised land classes
- Cities, fields, meadows, forest areas etc. are represented now at the correct place and in the correct size
- In Asia are now more remarkable rice fields
- In Africa & Central America are improved savannahs and jungle surfaces.
- New mirror effects of the water at day, dawn and night
- As far as possible corrected forest, field, city, land, mountain and water textures for all seasons and for all earth regions (e.g. also completely new desert landscapes)
- Treatment and exchange of exactly 2212 autogenous standard textures
- All textures have 3 differents altitude – sharpness raster
- All textures are adjusted air photos