A new Pitts Special has just been released for sale, being developed by Daniel Dunn and David Chester. They have formed a software company aptly named, “Addictive Simulations“ back in 2004 and have released a Vickers V10 simulation back then and a Hawker-Siddeley Trident was added to the portfolio in 2005.
The current release aircraft, to give its full name, “PITTS SPECIAL S1-T” will fly in both FS 2004 and FSX. Â A few screenshots are posted here.
The Pitts Special is a light aerobatic biplane and if this team have got it right you could be winning all of those virtual Red Bull Missions in FSX! Â Â As they say on the website, “Buckle up and prepare for the ride.”
Pitts Special S1 – Unique Features:
- Flight model verified by active Pitts pilots to ensure absolute realism.
- Custom high-poly, low framerate modelling techniques that bring the aircraft to life without impacting your performance!
- The FSX model features full bump mapping and specular lighting bringing every joint and rivet to life in vivid detail!
- An accurate model of a real Pitts Special to ensure ultimate realism in the Sim.
- Custom animations including an operable canopy, chocks and ties!
- Three animated pilots, 2 male and 1 female!
- An integral configuration manager that allows you to change animations on the fly without having to reload the aircraft
- Six custom liveries crafted by industry supremo artist Daniel Dunn
- Custom smoke trails let you paint the sky as you loop and roll!
- Purists will welcome the detailed performance charts and checklists.
- Spin, loop and twist as you achieve aerobatic heaven flying the Pitts Special S1 – the nimble aircraft that has won more aerobatic awards than any other!
- Installer provides both FS2004 and FSX unique versions