Laminar Research have announced the release of X-Plane 10 Mobile for iPhone and iPad, adding a new level of realism to the travelling pilot, away from their primary sim, or those who just want to visit the world in a portable format.
Having tried the single free aircraft in the new sim, as well as several other iPad-based flight simulator titles, this one really does bring something new to the series and is well worth having a look at.
To read the full Press Release, click “Read More“, below.
Laminar Research announces the release of X-Plane 10 Mobile for iPhone and iPad
South Carolina December 17, 2014
Laminar Research, creators of the X-Plane flight simulator franchise, has announced the release of X-Plane 10 Mobile, the premiere flight simulation product for the iPad and iPhone.
X-Plane 10 Mobile was built using the same concepts in Laminar’s showcase desktop product, XPlane 10. As with the desktop version of X-Plane, the mobile version utilizes real physics to model the aerodynamic forces found in flying an actual aircraft. The result is a product that is not just another game, but rather a highly sophisticated simulation of how aircraft actually behave in a variety
of environments and weather conditions.
Version 10 contains numerous features and enhancements not found in the previous mobile version
of X-Plane, including:
• 2-person multiplayer over the Internet
• Many additional aircraft – – from a Piper Cub to the Airbus, and it even includes combat aircraft and a helicopter… all with 3D cockpits and available as in-app purchases
• Challenges – – over 20 scenarios including engine failures, mountain top landings, birdstrikes, and even airstrikes, where you dodge incoming anti-aircraft guns missiles
• Flight School tutorials – – including the basics of takeoffs & landings, flying traffic patterns, and how to bomb ground targets
• Brand new, modern user interface – – designed just for mobile devices
• Improved combat system- – – with better missile guidance, more accurate weapon simulation and more realistic explosions
• Realistic airport environments – – including airport buildings
X-Plane 10 Mobile is available as a free App on the Apple iTunes Store and includes a free Cessna 172 starter aircraft. Additional aircraft may be purchased using the in-App purchase feature. An Android version is also scheduled for future development.
About Laminar Research
Laminar Research is creator of the X-Plane franchise of flight simulators, including X-Plane 10, the latest desktop version. X-Plane 10 is available in both a consumer version, as well as a FAA certified professional version. Laminar also offers X-Plane versions for both the iPhone and iPad, as well as other mobile systems.
X-Plane’s flight model, scope, versatility, customizability, and 3rd party add-ons make it the ultimate flight simulation experience for Macintosh, Windows, Linux, and mobile platforms.
For more information on Laminar Research and X-Plane: www.x-plane.com
X-Plane… It’s what real pilots fly !