For REX Sky Force 3D users, the Technical Update 2 release is an important step to receive many fixes and new features added at once.
The download links and the full changelog can be found here.
REX GAME STUDIOS is pleased to announce the release of the new and improved REX Sky Force 3D – Technical Update 2 (http://www.rexskyforce.com). Users of REX Sky Force can download the latest update through the automatic update system within the application or from our support forum (https://www.
About REX Sky Force 3D
Sky Force 3D is a complete overhaul of the weather, texture, effects and cloud model structure in-sim experience while bringing dimension and complete weather immersion to FSX, FSX Steam, and Prepar3D v1, 2, 3 and 4.
THIS IS ACCOMPLISHED BY:
- Re-designing the 3D cloud model structure and SDK and patterning it after real-world cloud classifications.
- Developing a real-world cloud model system including (but not limited to) cloud streets, supercells, wall clouds, funnel, shelf, rain shaft, and tornadoes.
- Integrating a weather engine that harnesses over 70,000 points of weather data globally. The weather engine reads and interprets live model data to sample the atmosphere and therefore will sync the appropriate clouds structures, allowing for more accuracy.
- Incorporating synchronization technology which dynamically syncs 3D cloud model structures in real-time during flight.
- Increasing frame rates by eliminating unnecessary cloud sprites for all cloud types.
- Restructuring the Cloud SDK. No more upside down clouds in bizarre and unrealistic positions, or cloud bases that are presented with repeating patterns.
- Elevating the visual experience through our natural, photo-based environment texture technology while exploiting the power of PTA integration.
- Developing single-session cloud texture variation, allowing more variety during a flight session.
PRODUCT FEATURES INCLUDE:
- 3000+ Cloud Models/Structures (Based on real-world cloud classification)
- Dynamic Synchronization
- New Cloud SDK (No more upside-down clouds or repeating cloud bottoms)
- 20GB Natural Photo-Based Environment Textures
- New Weather Engine
- Integrated Flight Center
- Interactive Mapping System
- Built-in PTA Integration
- Innovative Sky and Sun Atmospherics
- New Lightning Effects
- New HD Environment Sound Effects
- All Packaged in a 4.6GB Download, Expandable to 20GB
- Compatible With All Other Weather Engines and Environment Products
- … and Much More!