Given the reactions on the social networks and many medias, with at least precautions due to the recent past of Flight, Microsoft intends to communicate about Flight Simulator 2020.
And their words are clearly oriented to the simmers interested in the long Flight Simulator series (and much less in a new Flight, or an unrealistic experience with a closed environment to third party developers and addons).
Here’s what they published on FS2020 Official webpage :
- “We are making Microsoft Flight Simulator. Emphasis on the word SIMULATOR.
- Designed for PC, optimized for multiplatform support (e.g. Xbox).
- Yes. We are supporting 3rd Party Content Development and Community Content creation. We are aware of the concerns in the current eco-system and are working to address them.
- Yes. We genuinely want to work closely with the community in the development of this title.
- Accessibility is important to us. Whatever your abilities are, if you want to fly, we are going to do whatever we can to make that happen. Yoke and pedals, mouse and keyboard, controller, etc. No pilot should be left behind.”