Next week on May 26th, Aerosoft will launch at simMarket their new and stand-alone World of Aircraft : Glider Simulator. Five usable aircraft are included (3 gliders, 2 light airplanes), and your playground will be as large as 9650 sq miles (25.000 sq.km) in Germany near the Rhein river and Mannheim city. The detailed airfield of Herrenteich EDEH is also installed.
Aerosoft started a series World of Aircraft, that will be easy flight simulators, each one will cover a specific kind of aviation.
Really oriented to VFR flight experience, the developers and the publisher focused on the seriously high-end flight model and the display performance not to require the latest and most powerful hardware PC parts.
In the simulator, you will be able to tow in the air the gliders, navigate with the instruments and.. your observation of the scenery.
- Very easy to use interface, avoiding complex choices
- Six languages for user Interface, radio, and audio (English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Dutch)
- Three languages manuals (English, German, French, more to come)
- Training for many flight stages for Wilga and Blanik.
- Free flight with all models
- Multiplayer mode with Aero tow (Wilga and Blanik)
- 25.000 km2 handcrafted terrain, near Mannheim, the border of the river Rhein
- One high detail (Herrenteich), one low end detail airport, Speyer, close the Technik Museum Speyer
- Five usable aircraft:
- LET L-13 Blaník, a world-renowned glider, often used for training
- Diamond HK36 Dimona, a two-seater motor glider
- Schleicher ASK21, two-seater glider with good performance and solid aerobatics capacity
- Schleicher ASK2 Mi, motorized self-launching glider with small rotary engine
- PLZ-104 Wilga, robust four-seater aircraft, used for many roles, very suitable to aero-tow
- Animated road traffic, ships
- Ray-marched clouds
- Animated windsocks
- Birds in thermals
- Cloud shadows
- Advanced effects model, including dust
- Per-element based flight model: each surface split into many sections, aerodynamic forces computed for each section individually, then integrated. 360×360 deg flow provides for natural and seamless stalls, spins, tailslide, hammerhead turn and so on
- Blade element model (BEM) for variable pitch props provides for very precise computation of both linear (thrust) and rotational (asymmetric propwash) components
- Mass-flow based model for internal combustion engine, correct computation of manifold pressure
- Correct coupling of the prop to the engine (torque developed equalized by torque consumed by the prop)
- Full computation of windmilling mode, including backward flow conditions
- Gyroscope effect, p-factor effect computation
- Many sound effects normally not seen in simulators, for example the stick hitting its stops
- Flow sounds depend on angle of attack, not only airspeed
- Far distance prop sounds
- Thermals model based on real life flight test data
- Thermals emerge, dissipate with time, get blown away with the wind
- Velocity gradient across the upstream of thermals (so you can feel at which side of your aircraft the lift is highest
- Microsoft Windows 8 / 10 (64bit)
- Processor: Dual Core CPU with 2.6 GHz (Quad Core CPU with 3.4 GHz recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM (16 GB recommended)
- Graphics card: GTX 1050 or better (GTX 1070 or better recommended)
- Soundcard: Yes
- Free disk space: 4 GB
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Joystick with rudder and throttle option highly recommended
- Internet connection and Steam user account required!
Price : EUR 23,48 (+vat for EU customers).