Good news for X-Plane flight simulation community, the powerful weather tool of HiFi Simulation is now available as Open Beta.
Active Sky XP 12 “brings extensive integration with the new X-Plane 12 platform and it’s new weather system.” and it will be a free upgrade to all users of ASXP previous version.
This new version of the utility supports both X-Plane 11 – if you keep flying with it – and the new X-Plane 12. In all cases, you need Windows 7 64 bit or later as Operation System on your computer.
- Active Air Effects Enhances internal X-Plane turbulence and air effects, providing enhanced turbulence, drafts, thermals, terrain-based wind effects, surface friction, gusts, variability, wake turbulence, microbursts and more (XP12 includes internal wake turbulence, AS Wake turbulence enabled for XP11 only – Some effects may be limited/unavailable in XP12).
- High-Performance Weather Depiction Uses internal X-Plane cloud depiction for maximum performance and smoothness – VR compatible and optimized!
- Active Sky Weather Engine An evolved version of the Active Sky platform brings the core features that made Active Sky the leading weather engine for other platforms: Advanced weather synthesis and interpolation, high-resolution global winds aloft, realistic air and atmosphere effects, a comprehensive weather data network, integrated visual mapping and planning, and much, much more
- Voice Weather Delivery Active Sky ATIS and Flightwatch are available at any time by listening on 122.00, 122.02 or 122.03 for closest station, actual/current interpolated conditions and destination weather reports, respectively
- Mobile Companion App Use any device/browser to connect with Active Sky over your network and view and control the weather