The use of heads-up displays, or HUDs, used to be the realm of the military fast jet pilot, but these days their use has expanded beyond that, to helicopters, airliners, general aviation aircraft and even some high-spec cars.
With the improved safety and situational awareness of not having to switch your vision between inside and outside the cockpit, this growth isn’t going to diminish much over time and now X-Plane users can add HUDs to their aircraft with three new packages from Fly Real HUDs.
The name might not be that imaginitive, but the packages, one each for commercial aircraft, business jets and helicopters, recreate the features found on typical modern displays, including navigation, flight safety warnings and aircraft situation reports, all without having to lose track of the picture out of the windscreen in good or bad weather.
- Tromso Video Teaser - Sunday, September 14, 2014
- TS2015 goes live on Thursday, patch Monday. - Saturday, September 13, 2014
- AES v2.36 – 14 new or updated airports - Friday, September 12, 2014
- More freeware for FTX Global - Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Wilco’s Tecnam now out - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Want to go Lower and Faster? - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Aircraft Factory Avro update preview - Monday, September 8, 2014
- MegaScenery Earth St.Louis 50cm/px photoreal - Monday, September 8, 2014
- Drzewiecki Sheremetyevo released - Sunday, September 7, 2014
- Magnifique Martinique Preview - Friday, August 29, 2014