Online events are always a great opportunity to practice the real world ATC procedures with real people.
Here’s an invitation for this weekend : “there is one of the biggest events of VATSIM, the Finally Austria 2010 taking place in virtual airspace of Austria. […].”
Facts about “Finally Austria 2010”:
– Over 25 Controllers will meet in Vienna to staff the ATC stations
– Vienna Schwechat (LOWW) and Innsbruck Kranebitten (LOWI) will be fully staffed! More Airports depending on availability
– Hence, the whole Austrian airspace will be available at full service on the weekend from the 23rd until the 24th of October 2010
– Time: Saturday from 09am to 09pm (UTC) and Sunday from 08am to 4pm (UTC)
– Charts, infos and scenaries from LOWW and/or LOWI at http://www.vacc-austria.org
For the first time we arrange an open day on Saturday, 23rd of October 2010 from 12.00 am to 05.00pm UTC! You can look over the controller’s shoulders and experience the reverse side of VACC-Austria. Again, we would like to invite particularly the pilots. It will be definitely a cool event to meet, talk shop, exchange experience or to simply drink a beer together. Of course cold drinks will be provided.
BENA Office Cityport
Simmeringer Hauptstrasse 24