TS2012 SP1 “Live” – Updated

As recently reported here, RailSimulator.com have recently announced a significant update to their Train Simulator 2012/Railworks3 platform.

Following a slightly haphazard and two-part release process, Service Pack 1 is now live through Steam and will download the next time you launch the application. Be aware, however, that the developers have advised users to back up their installation before the update is downloaded.

Update: At the time of release there were a huge amount of complaints about vanishing routes and rolling stock following the installation of the update. This now appears to have reversed and there are far more people reporting successful updates than not.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Matthias Postema
Thursday, June 21, 2012 06:40

And God!!!!!!!!

Back to school i think! 😉

Matthias Postema
Thursday, June 21, 2012 04:50

O my got,

I cant even write my name right! 😉

Matthias Postema
Thursday, June 21, 2012 04:50

Hi Boerries,

Thanks mate, i got it 😉

Greetings

Mattihas

Ian P
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 13:07

Hi again. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an RSC representative on the Steam forums! People there seem to be left to fend for themselves, unfortunately. I was following three Facebook threads (all from RSC’s own Facebook page) as it was released, because that was where I first saw the release announcement. There were a bunch of complaints about the lack of a release and asking if the London-Brighton and 4CIG update was all SP1 actually was, then it changed very quickly to a long string of people losing either all their routes – default and add-on – or just… Read more »

Boerries
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 13:10
Reply to  Ian P

Facebook is blocked here @office, will see later.

Ian P
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:30

Boerries: Just for the record, I lost no files when I updated my installation, either – not that I had much. However a lot of people have reported losing content and not just that which overwrites core files. There are large amounts of posts around reporting lost routes, stock and other content. It was RS.com’s own representatives that advised people to back up first and, when people started losing files, responded with ‘we did tell you to back up first, so you didn’t lose anything’. It’s not “panic” to warn people when the vast majority of immediate responses to the… Read more »

Boerries
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:55
Reply to  Ian P

Hi Ian,

thanks for your explanations. Panic might be the wrong word (I´m not native english). I read the forums on Steam last time yersterday, and there was only complaining about the missing update.

We´ll see. I wil start the update when I´m out of office.

Regards