X-Plane 10 Global 64bit Best Of

X-Plane_10_front_box_2014

X-Plane 10 is a new generation flight simulator, benefiting of regular updates with new features, and it’s adapted for 64bit home computers systems, using either Windows, Linux or Mac.

Known for its ultimate flight dynamics engine, X-Plane 10 has also its global scenery automatically generated, with innovative lighting effects and ATC simulation. Nice (LFMN), Paderborn-Lippstadt (EDLP) and Faro (LPFR) are three detailed airports included in the box that you can purchase at simMarket.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Wednesday, September 3, 2014 17:48

I got a reply in the Aerosoft forum: the Best of edition is exactly the same as the normal X-plane 10 Global…

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 21:08
Reply to  Lars

Then why the price difference … ??? “Best of” are two expensive words.

Thursday, September 4, 2014 00:58
Reply to  Johan

No idea, but I’m not about to complain if they lower the price. 😉 Probably marketing, or just a new production batch or something…

Saturday, August 30, 2014 17:04

a) What price difference? EUR 49.98 incl. VAT more or less corresponds with US$59.99 ( $1.00 equals EUR 0.76 as of time of writing)

b) I think our German Aerosoft friends simply added “Best of” for marketing reasons! 🙂

(PS: There used be a cheaper, “regional” edition. Not sure if that is still available)

Saturday, August 30, 2014 17:10
Reply to  Johan

Johan, the boxed version in Europe costs EUR 69.99 via Aerosoft. So, there is a EUR 20 price difference…

I also asked this question in the Aerosoft forums, let’s see when I get a reply.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 10:20

No, actually. I was trying to work that out last night so I could post this one. I can but presume that it just includes all the updates you would otherwise have to download. Anyone else know?

Stefaan: The Aerosoft boxed edition has always contained some of their airports – I think the same ones, although I’m currently on the iPad and not my PC so can’t check. (Edit: yes, they are the same airports, after checking…)

Stefaan
Saturday, August 30, 2014 09:02

Amongst some other stuff, you get quite some Aerosoft airports with it. The 64 bit is really the way to go for the future, switched to it about 2 months ago and really enjoying it.

Friday, August 29, 2014 23:55

Anybody know what the difference with the normal X-Plane 10 Global is? Except for the price?