Friday, September 12, 2014 14:51

thank you guys. yes. I must study English more 😀
and I am just computer engineer who live in Tokyo.

well, I have to fly now.
why? newer Tokyo International Airport Boxed edition just released today for FSX in Japan!

Ian P
Friday, September 12, 2014 19:02
Reply to  Zephyr RU

Unfortunately, I can’t fly around Tokyo. Now I’ve got SOCAL tamed, Tokyo is the only place on the FS planet where my frame rate turns to seconds per frame. 🙁

Ayster
Friday, September 12, 2014 14:16

Thanks for clearing that up, you can understand the confusion this caused though, I’m not knocking anyone’s command of the english language, but the original text did say it had already started! 🙂

Alex
Thursday, September 11, 2014 19:42

The image Zephyr has posted above clears this up, the sale starts nest 15th and will run for 2 weeks. The article text should be edited to say the sale will begin next monday the 15th and last for 2 weeks. Cheers,

Alex
Thursday, September 11, 2014 19:38

Jean-Claude, I believe it is pretty obvious Zephyr R U is not a native english speaker and he is doing a service for us by writing these articles, for free. I doubt he gains any monetary retribution from you being a Simmarket costumer, also. You certainly seem to write correctly in english but in my opinion you’d benefit from softning down the tone a bit. Pardon my language, I am not a native english speaker either.

Ian P
Thursday, September 11, 2014 20:09
Reply to  Alex

We can only apologise for the error in the original article which, as you note, has now been corrected. However, by correctly noting that the price reduction has not yet started, you did not lose any money. No, Zephyr is the editor of simFlight. Japan and he is lending us a hand here at .com because I was ill for some considerable time and thus not available to post news. The only native English speakers on staff, currently, are Shaz and I. She’s an English graduate. My mother was a chemistry teacher and any ability I have to use this… Read more »

Johan
Thursday, September 11, 2014 20:41
Reply to  Ian P

As a non-native English speaker I have to admire your correct use of “I” as in “are Chaz and I”. I probably would have written “and me”. 🙂

Ian P
Friday, September 12, 2014 13:01
Reply to  Johan

The way I tend to work with English around here is “can I make sense of it and does it say what it’s intended to?”

“Me and Shaz” or “Shaz and me” may not be perfect English, but they’re perfectly acceptable, except maybe in an exam or formal presentation.

Heck. Apart from a bit of French and a tiny bit of German, I can only communicate in English. It always astounds me how well other people can use it, because as languages go, it’s an awful one to learn and use!

Johan
Saturday, September 13, 2014 08:55
Reply to  Ian P

You are absolutely right about that. English is very difficult because it is so idiomatic. Unfortunately, many non-native speakers suffer from the delusion that their English is near-perfect, while most of the time they simply translate literally. For example, “Do you have a light?” in Dutch or Flemish would be “Heeft u een vuurtje”, but translated literally becomes “Do you have a little fire?” But no, the low countries aren’t filled with arsonists 🙂 Anyway, happy flying !

Jean-Claude
Thursday, September 11, 2014 15:40

Sorry I am not your “man” but a customer.

With due respect and correct language, I would attract your attention on the wording of your message stating “next two weeks” this does not mean the promotion necessarily starts in the future. In addition, it also says “it has just started”…

So please check your language and vocabulary, and never forget clients know how to read too.

Thank you.