Bits (and bytes…) of history for sale

IMG_4750It’s not every day that you’ll see a bit of simming history come up for sale – most people just throw things away when they get out of date.

If you’re a collector of FS memorabilia, however, or happen to still have a Sinclair Timex 2068 in the loft, then this ROM pack of some application simply called “Flight Simulator” may be of interest… Apparently it’s a NTSC cartridge so whether it is 100% compatible with PAL systems isn’t entirely certain, but that’s just part of the challenge of playing cartridge based games, isn’t it? πŸ˜‰

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Matthias
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 20:13

Hahahaha!

Thank you guys, for your reply’s, no i can sleep again happy πŸ˜‰

Can’t wait until my game arives,hahahaha! πŸ™‚

Greetings

Matthias

Ian P
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:20

Hey, most of the computers that I deal with on a daily basis run safety critical applications… The “turbo” version of them runs at 2MHz and we have to slow the connected relay systems down to talk to them! πŸ˜‰

Johan
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:49
Reply to  Ian P

Ah well, if it’s any consolation, apparently the Apollo Guidance Computer that put man on the moon operated at 0.043MHz.
But the word “turbo” reminds me of the marketing ploy they used. This is essentially a 4.7 MHz computer, but we provide you with this fantastic gizmo called the “turbo switch”, so you can run it at 8 or 10 MHz. I guess all tricks are allowed as long as they work πŸ™‚

Matthias Postema
Monday, November 17, 2014 22:05

I hope that my I7 CPU, and 3x Sli GTX980 can deal with this advanced game πŸ˜‰

Johan
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 09:01

Who knows? πŸ™‚
I remember the days when games written for a 4.7 MHz CPU ran three times as fast on a 8 MHz or 10 MHz CPU and were unplayable because of that, so PC vendors had to provide a switch allowing you to go back to 4.7 MHz. And yes, that is Mega and not Giga ! πŸ™‚

Monday, November 17, 2014 19:10

@SaitekSim things have come such a long ways. Very nostalgic! http://t.co/gMSbxQb0t8