Gibraltar Airport (LXGB), is an international airport opened in 1939, it is the main airport in Gibraltar, In 2017, the airport handled 571,184 passengers and 302,094 kg of cargo on 4,888 total flights. Winston Churchill Avenue (the main road heading towards the land border with Spain) intersects the airport runway, and consequently has to be closed every time a plane lands or departs.
RDPresets have created a very highly detail version of Gibraltar International Airport and the surrounding area with all of the latest technologies when it comes to 3D modelling and scenery development. We have focused on great performance together with very high detail including an interior and custom ground and building modeling covering the whole airport including landside. Including a working car crossing which automatically closes and opens based on aircraft activity. Please use the scenery configurator in the main airport scenery folder to configure the car/airport crossing to work with your aircraft of choice!
- Completely custom modelling and texturing with PBR textures on the whole airport.
- Full Custom 3D Interior including 3D Passengers
- More than 1000+ clutter objects on the apron and surrounding area’s
- Realistic and functioning runway crossing, Cars stop when turning on/off the strobe light (Please read the README file for more information)
- Custom ground textures, faithfully recreating the asphalt differences like reality.
- Performance optimizations.
- Accurate night lighting.
- Custom taxiway signage.
- Ground traffic. – 20+ Animations to make the airport feel alive
Video tool: FABIO MERLO – FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY 5