As of 10 august there was the update for the new Prepar3D v6. It’s called Patch 3. And P3D v6 supports now automatic updates. (Enabled by default – that’s easy). And for a overview of compatible software for the new Prepar3D, just watch on simMarket.
The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 3 (6.0.30) is now available. If enabled, you will received a notification of the available update when starting Prepar3D. It can be also be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
This patch will be a full update. The auto updater will take care of the install just like the patches, however, If you download manually you will only need to run Setup_Prepar3D.exe to install. This will remove the previous version automatically so you don’t need to manually uninstall prior like older versions of Prepar3D.
The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 3 contains the following changes:
- All fixes and updates from previous patches.
- Rendering system performance improvements.
- Slight reduction to cloud scatter to make bottom of clouds less dark.
- Fixed texture UV wrapping issues at sloped airports.
- Various model texture fixes including the Piper, Tornado, CRJ 700, Ohio Class Sub, commercial airliners, countermeasures, ground vehicles, water helipads, and shacks.
- Fixed various autogen textures that were too dark.
- Fixed various water elevation issues.
- Fixed issue preventing custom weather themes from saving correctly.
- Fixed issue where legacy FailureActions would not load correctly due to missing ObjectReferences.
- Various scenery updates including KLAX, PACV, DC, Rome, North America, Europe, and Oceania.
- Fixed various water issues including European and Alaskan lakes.
- Fixed various issues with building density and generalization.
- Improved collision detection performance.
- Improved bullet collision fidelity.
- Added Camera Control UI in Views menu to allow for easier camera manipulation and saving.
- Reduced default bloom values (requires deleting Prepar3D.cfg in %appdata% directory or running “Delete generated files” in the application directory).
- Fixed issue with flight plan file path being saved as absolute path in fxml files.
- The flight planner UI is now available in SimDirector.
- Fixed issue where add-on text to speech voices would not select properly with dialog actions.
- Added separate day/night intensity control to dynamic lighting PDK. Added scalar for dynamic lights using legacy light PDK versions to increase intensity during the day.