The incredible Antonov AN-2 piston biplane, known to many by its NATO reporting name of “Colt”, is one of the most produced aircraft in the world, with 18,000 made, across a 45-year production run in three countries. Many are still in operation today around the world, as transport and passenger aircraft, jumpships for parachute clubs and even still as cropsprayers. Due to a lack of certification, you won’t see many in the Western world, but they’re becoming a regular performer at airshows around the globe as well, in private hands.
Sibwings‘ new rendition of the type for FSX, released for sale via their website and hopefully soon coming to simMarket as well, comes in a single 12-seat transport variant, with twelve colour schemes and a lot of system depth. It does come at a price, though – this is not a ‘ctrl-e, firewall and go’ aircraft. If you want to make the most of it, you’ll need to read the manual and learn how to operate it. Check the package out here, from where you can also download the manual to see what is simulated here for yourself.
- Review: Classics Hangar Bf108B - Friday, April 25, 2014
- PFPX Updated - Monday, March 17, 2014
- More TS2014 products at simMarket - Monday, March 17, 2014
- Aerosoft Mega Airport Dublin Available - Monday, March 17, 2014
- FS2Crew DASH8 release date - Monday, March 17, 2014
- ActiveSky Next Hotfix 3 / B5184 - Sunday, March 16, 2014
- Megascenery Earth Boston “Ultra-Res” scenery - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Orbx adds KRDD to product line - Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Fabio Merlo A32x MCDU driver for FSX P3D - Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Pottier P130UL “Bleu Citron” for X-Plane - Wednesday, January 15, 2014