Released in 2006, Flight Simulator X introduced unofficial support for DirectX 10, to enable more reflection effects, change the water look, and to increase the number of frames per second. It remained as a “Preview” mode in the display settings, as it may appear some display issues and overall if you use third party addons : flickering textures, missing textures on AI aircraft, custom ground or markings etc..
Anyway, there are DirectX 10 lovers in the FSX community, and Steve Parsons alias SteveFX has made a lot to limit or fix their issues. First, with his freeware modules still found here. Now, he even sells a complete solution DX 10 Scenery Fixer. Visit his website.
- Firefighters 2014 : on PC and now Mac version - Saturday, August 23, 2014
- DreamFactory Rome FSX/P3D update - Saturday, August 23, 2014
- Multi Crew Experience and PMDG 777 - Friday, August 22, 2014
- Aerosoft Night Environment – Denmark - Thursday, August 21, 2014
- Airac Cycle 1409 available - Thursday, August 21, 2014
- MegaScenery Earth Ultra-res City Los Angeles / San Diego - Thursday, August 21, 2014
- FlyTampa Sydney YSSY - Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- TSS – 747-8i GenX HD Pilot Edition - Wednesday, August 20, 2014
- Taxi2Gate Hamad Intl OTHH - Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Oryxsim – Chilliwack X - Monday, August 18, 2014