Released in 2006, Flight Simulator X introduced unofficial support for DirectX 10, to enable more reflection effects, change the water look, and to increase the number of frames per second. It remained as a “Preview” mode in the display settings, as it may appear some display issues and overall if you use third party addons : flickering textures, missing textures on AI aircraft, custom ground or markings etc..
Anyway, there are DirectX 10 lovers in the FSX community, and Steve Parsons alias SteveFX has made a lot to limit or fix their issues. First, with his freeware modules still found here. Now, he even sells a complete solution DX 10 Scenery Fixer. Visit his website.
- Lionheart – LJ24B FSX/P3D/P3DV2 - Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- LHSimulations – Krk Island – Rijeka Airport - Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- Blueprint – KEWR Newark Liberty Intl FS9 - Tuesday, September 2, 2014
- Flightdeck Solutions for 777 - Monday, September 1, 2014
- Carenado PC12 interior preview - Monday, September 1, 2014
- LatinVFR – KSNA John Wayne preview #1 - Sunday, August 31, 2014
- X-Plane 10 Global 64bit Best Of - Friday, August 29, 2014
- Thai Creation Bangkok Sawasdee FSX incoming - Friday, August 29, 2014
- Just Planes – SAS A340-300 Bluray - Friday, August 29, 2014
- Flyware – FsXPand update - Thursday, August 28, 2014