Released in 2006, Flight Simulator X introduced unofficial support for DirectX 10, to enable more reflection effects, change the water look, and to increase the number of frames per second. It remained as a “Preview” mode in the display settings, as it may appear some display issues and overall if you use third party addons : flickering textures, missing textures on AI aircraft, custom ground or markings etc..
Anyway, there are DirectX 10 lovers in the FSX community, and Steve Parsons alias SteveFX has made a lot to limit or fix their issues. First, with his freeware modules still found here. Now, he even sells a complete solution DX 10 Scenery Fixer. Visit his website.
- Aerobridge Studios – VHHH Hong Kong new screens - Tuesday, September 23, 2014
- Synchro-Soft – Cessna 177 Cardinal soundset - Monday, September 22, 2014
- Drzewiecki Design – UBBB Baku X preview - Monday, September 22, 2014
- Taxi2Gate – TKPK St Kitts in stock - Saturday, September 20, 2014
- DreamFlight / Jetstream Designs present Perpignan Rivesaltes - Saturday, September 20, 2014
- simMarket Newsletter - Saturday, September 20, 2014
- TSS – L-1011 TriStar soundset FSX/FS9 - Saturday, September 20, 2014
- Train Sim 2015 (German version) at simMarket - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Aerosoft – Night Environment Sweden FSX/P3D - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- WDS – KMBS Airport development progress - Thursday, September 18, 2014