Whether you’re a fan of tricycle or taildragger general aviation aircraft, you may well want to take a look at the latest release from Vertigo; the Van’s Aircraft RV-8 and RV-8A.
According to the real aircraft’s information page at Van’s; “A one-of-a-kind demonstrator was built and introduced at Oshkosh in 1995. The response left no doubt about the desire for an airplane like the RV-8. The ground around the display aircraft was beaten into a trench and Van’s personnel were fending off people waving handfuls of cash…but not for too long. The RV-8 went on the market in 1996 and complete kits were available by the end of 1998. In short order, it was followed by the kit for the tricycle gear RV-8A.”
Both the RV-8 and RV-8A are included in the Vertigo package, for FSX only, which comes with a long list of features including sound files by Sonic Solutions and direct support for a Reality XP GPS (not included in the package).
For the full features list, click “Read More” below and to purchase, visit the product page at simMarket.
• As with every Vertigo Studios aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out.
• 2 x models included, RV8 and RV8a
• Both the RV8 and RV8a boast a 3d Prop.
• 3D lights for the ultimate realism. Strobe, Landing and Navigation Lights.
• Designed and built by the book.
• Every aspect of the Rv8 development was closely monitored and tested by our very own RV8 Pilot.
• Comes complete with a comprehensive PDF manual.
• 3D ‘Sound Cone’ Technology with an amazing sound set, engineered using authentic 180 hp O-360 engine.
• DirectX 10 compatible models complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
• Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what’s available by default.
• Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
• Customised high-resolution materials give the most realistic appearance to the aeroplane, whilst being optimised for great performance!
• A total of 6 paint schemes.
• A further 30 paints can be downloaded from : http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/forum/downloads.php
• Fuel delivery system is accurately simulated.
• Garmin 3D GPS.
• Bendix King Transponder
• Meggitt 2100 AP Unit
• Sound Design by Sonic Solutions featuring interior and exterior start, shut-down, flaps, canopy, wheel roll, crashes, tire touches, occasional sputters and back fires at certain RPM’s all in 16 bit/48k mastered for maximum dynamic range and quality.
• Realistic canopy operation and animation.
• Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
• Exciting custom-made effects.
• In-game reference and check lists
• A paint kit can be downloaded from here : http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/rv8
• Open & close canopy
• Baggage hatch
• Wheel chocks
• Parking cones
• Canopy cover
• Easily change the 3D GPS Panel, example to the Reality XP GPS (Reality XP GPS is not included)”