On their “Engine Driver” blog, Railsimulator.com, the team behind the “Train Simulator” series, have announced some new features to their integration with Steam’s “Workshop” library, which will be of particular interest to the more creative amongst its userbase.
In addition to the now established ability to create, upload and download scenarios/activities to drive, with the new TS2014 product due out later this year, the product’s Steam Workshop library will also support freeware routes and the “career” scenarios which have, until now, been the sole preserve of RSC’s own in-house developed products.
There’s no word yet on whether 3rd party content will be allowed to officially be used in Workshop files, so chances are that you’ll need to buy more DLC to use Workshop routes/career scenarios as with the present scenario requirements, but we’ll keep you informed if we hear more.
- Preview shots of St. Petersburg - Friday, September 19, 2014
- X-Plane updated – version 10.30 - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Spintires: The “Getting Stuck” Simulator - Thursday, September 18, 2014
- Tromso Video Teaser - Sunday, September 14, 2014
- TS2015 goes live on Thursday, patch Monday. - Saturday, September 13, 2014
- AES v2.36 – 14 new or updated airports - Friday, September 12, 2014
- More freeware for FTX Global - Wednesday, September 10, 2014
- Wilco’s Tecnam now out - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Want to go Lower and Faster? - Tuesday, September 9, 2014
- Aircraft Factory Avro update preview - Monday, September 8, 2014